Below-mentioned is the complete procedure through which you can configure your printer wireless settings based on your choice.
- First of all, connect your printer to the PC with the help of a USB cable. Now, launch the Canon IJ Network tool and then select the “Printers” option.
- Select the printer that is connected to your PC and then click on the Configuration tab. This will bring up the configuration window where you can easily change all the printer wireless settings on the basis of your preference.
- Select the “Wireless LAN” option first. Here you can view the selected Network Type i.e AirPort Network(Infra) or Direct Connection.
- In the Network SSID field, it will show you the network name to which your printer is connected. If you want to switch to another network, click on the Search tab and select the Wireless router to which you want to connect your printer.
- Now, select the Encryption Method i.e WPA/WPA2 or WEP by clicking on the Up or Down key arrows. Then, click Set.
- Now, place your cursor in the TCP/IP settings field, and select the “Get IP Address Automatically” option. After making all the changes, click on the OK button.
- Now, click on the Admin Password tab. Select the checkbox of “Use Admin Password”. In doing so, you will see two different fields i.e “Password” and “Password Confirmation”.
- Set a password that must include at least 4 characters and a maximum of 32 characters. Also, the password must consist of both letters and numbers. Then, type the password again into the next field for verification.
- Once you have configured all the settings, click on the OK button. With this, a pop-up will get displayed on your screen asking you to enter the admin password. Click OK and the settings will be sent to your printer. In this manner, you can view all the wireless settings of your printer and change it as per your preference.