Install Canon IJ Printer on Mac PC, laptop
Most recent versions of mac are supportive in inkjet model installation, though steps may vary for some.
- Step 1 – Connect Your Printer To Router Network
If you have a wired router, connect Ethernet cable to printer and router, then select “Activate Wired LAN.” Otherwise, tap the WiFi button on the printer, select Wireless LAN and press the WPS button on the router to connect network.
- Step 2 – Visit Canon.com/ijsetup to Get Printer Software For Mac
Go to canon official site canon.com/ijsetup and hit on the “Set Up” tab, then enter or select your inkjet model and press Enter.
- Step 3 – Select Your OS And Click Download
Select macOS from the given OS list on the top right, then hit on the “Download” tab from the displayed page. Depending on your network connection speed, the software takes time to download.
- Step 4 – Start The Installation By Double-Clicking Dmg File
Go to Finder and double-tap on the printer setup icon, and click Open.
- Step 5 – Provide Mac Username & Password To Start Setup
Enter the mac admin name and password and click the “Install Helper” tab. Then select “Start Setup” on the next installation page and wait for the latest updates to check.
- Step 6 – Select Your Country And Accept Agreement
Choose your region and country, then read the terms of the license agreement and accept by clicking on Yes.
- Step 7 – Check Connection Method or Select One
As you’ve connected your Canon printer to the network, click YES. If the connection failed previously, select “Wireless LAN connection” and tick on “Set up network connection” later.
- Step 8 – Add Your Canon Printer To Mac Device
The software installs and reconnects to your network, then click Allow. Next, tap “Add Printer,” select your printer and click Add.
- Step 9 – Click Exit To End The Process On Mac
If you want to install additional drivers, click Next, follow the remaining prompts, and hit the Exit tab to finish the setup.